Friday, May 28, 2010

Tea Time and Roses at Make Mine Pink


Please join us for shopping with a twist on Friday May 28th 2010 as we present "Tea Time and Roses"

Two of my favorite things have always been making time for tea and just about anything roses. When I enjoy them together, it feels like it just doesn’t get any better. Tea is used to celebrate so many special occasions – a chat with my daughter, to honor of a new bride, a visit with good friends, or just enjoying some quiet time by myself. It's always the right time for a cup of tea. And roses are always the perfect accessory.

Tea time and roses evoke so many memories for me. I don't know why, but the picture of a pink rose that I have hung in the entryway always reminds me of my grandmother pouring me tea from her favorite rose tea pot when I was a child. When I fill a vintage tea pot with the first roses of spring and sit in the middle of my dining table, the gentle fragrance always reminds me of the fresh cut roses my mother would bring in from her garden. I remember sharing a cup of tea with her as the scent of those roses filled the room.

It seems almost impossible to separate tea time and roses.  But who would want to? The tea cups, saucers and pots that I have displayed on a shelf, ready to bring down at a moment's notice, are decorated with hand painted roses and rosebuds. They give an aura of elegance and romance to any occasion. The mismatched set of tea cups that I found at the flea market is sprinkled with roses in red, orange, pink, and blue. They remind me that you don't have to look like everyone else to be beautiful. In fact, they're all the more interesting to me because each one is so unique.

Tea time and roses have captured my heart and my home as far back as I can remember. I've discovered that, together, they make everything more beautiful.

You'll find so many ideas for filling your own days with tea time and roses at Make Mine Pink.

Joyce Lucas, Founder
Make Mine Pink

Photo Contribution 1: Cottage Flair | Photo Contribution 2: Olivia Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails