Friday, May 14, 2010

Make Mine Pink "Cherished Memories" A Shopping Event!


Please join us for shopping with a twist on Friday May 14th 2010 as we present "Cherished Memories"

I love to surround myself with treasures from the past. They often remind me of my favorite people and some of my favorite moments in time. I hope to pass these memories down to my own children and grandchildren one day.

Like so many others, I've kept a family album of old photographs, yellowed with age. Some of the faces I remember from long ago. There are weddings and births, laughing voices and forever romances recorded in these images. They are moments that live on because I remember.

One of my favorite things is Dad's old pocket watch. The hands of time are still moving, although a little slower than before. I remember him pulling the watch from his pocket so many times. Then there is Grandma's unfinished needlepoint. It’s wrapped in tissue and sitting at the bottom of an old wooden chest. Her fingers now lie still, but I remember the long chats we had while I watched as she stitched her beautiful designs. Having these treasures nearby makes me feel as if they are still near.

Even the heirlooms and antiques I find at the flea market have special meaning for me. The old French perfume bottles that line my bedroom shelf were perhaps a gift to an elegant lady from a doting admirer or loving husband. A collection of antique silver spoons that I use on special occasions, were perhaps a gift to a young bride. A cozy quilt stitched from well-loved clothing inspires me to imagine the garments the squares of fabric came from, and the people who once wore them.

When my daughters and children come to dinner, I set the table with my mother's favorite tablecloth and china, and aways have something to tell them my favorite childhood anecdotes and stories that were once told to me. It seems fitting to share my cherished memories while creating new ones of our own. Memories that will mingle together, both old and new, and continue to be passed down for generations to come







Joyce Lucas, Founder
Make Mine Pink


Photo Contribution 1: Forget Me Not Dreams | Photo Contribution 2: Grandma G's | Photo Contribution 3: The Antique Boutique 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails