Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Littlest Graduate


Boy are the emotions running away with me lately!  I keep wondering "Where does the time go?!!

Thursday night I attended my littlest graduates graduation this year. This is Aiden Jacob, he is 4 soon to be five in July just a couple of days after my birthday. Master Aiden successfully graduated from Pre-K on May 20th, 2010. He was so proud! I so cried! I'm one of those women who is very emotional and when it comes to my kids or grandkids I have spewed tears with every little success they have had and, just about every little thing they have mastered in their little lives. Everything is a big deal to me when it comes to any of them. I'm always so amazed by their little minds and always wonder what goes through them.

As I watched this tiny little guy walk up to receive his diploma, I couldn't believe he was acutally going to be starting kindergarten this next year! It seems he was just a baby yesterday! I also was struggling with so much emotion because with him and his baby sister I have missed so much of their baby years because of my husbands stroke.

Prior to the stroke my husband and I had the kids just about every week for "Grandma's day". One day during the week I would have the little ones which at that time it was Parker and Lil Ryan (My son's little boy is Lil Ryan). They would spend a day and night with us and it was time doing fun things and making memories. On the weekends the older grand kids would stay and there again we would always do something fun and make a memory. Aiden was pretty little when my husband had his stroke two years ago now, so I haven't been able to spend the time with him like I did the others and I always feel so bad about that. Miss Emma who is now two and Aidens little sister has been even worse. I have missed just about everything with her and haven't had much time at all with her. This stroke has just sucked the life out of us in so many ways but the worst of it is not being able to have the family times that we used too have.

These children belong to my daughter Heidi. She has four, 3 boys and 1 girl.

Master Chase Micheal who is 18 and is graduating high school on June 3rd. That will be another tear jerker big time! He and his mommy lived with us until Chase was 11 years old. He was more like my own son and again I can't believe he is all grown up. I so miss him and how it use to be. Now he has a girl and grandma doesn't get to see him much these days, you know how that is. More about him later.


Then there is Master Parker Allen. Parker is 7 now and will be finishing 1st grade. For the 1st year and a half of his life Parker was so sick all the time mostly because of being in day care. He caught everything and some times it would be 3 or 4 illnesses all at the same time! One time we came close to losing him because he just couldn't totally recover from one thing when another illness would hit him. Grandma spent alot of time at home with him so he had a very special spot with me. But now he is doing great and active in just about every sport you can name. He will be my sport star one day and I just know he will be playing sports on TV. When this child was 6 months old he would sit and watch an entire football game on TV and not move a muscle! All he has ever talked about is Football and that is one of the sports he now plays along with soccer, and baseball. He wants to learn to play golf, basketball and tennis too. He will be my superstar I just know it! He lives and breaths sports!

Then comes Master Aiden Jacob. Aiden is Aiden. He is wild and crazy, on the go ninty to nothing, fearless, major attitude, (just like his mommy), but at the same time sweet and so handsome! Aiden also likes sports and plays soccer and baseball. These type of sports are just what this kids needs! Football and wrestling would probably do him the best because he just loves that contact thing. One little oddity about him is you can't walk by him where he thinks he has to hit you. Hope that gets under control before he starts school or he'll be in the principles office every day!

Then we finally have our girl Emma Grace. She is a spittin image of me when I was little. She is another one with a bit of an attitude but it's kinda of cute in a way. She is extreamly smart, but all of Heidi's children are. Miss Emma is very much the little girl. She loves purses, clothes, and shoes! Every time she comes to grandma's, she always gets my purses out and has to put every pair of shoes I own on her little feet! By the time she leaves I find shoes all over the house. She puts on one pair walks a few feet then goes and gets another pair until she had gotten them all, and thats about 30 pair or so. She already picks out her own clothes, and thats at the darn store! If she don't like it you better not buy it because she will scream if you try to put something on her she doesn't like! She has her own mind and you aren't going to change it! She loves to help clean and do chores. But she also is like a hurrican when it comes to making messes! And God help her stay a sweet little girl because those boys love teaching her all the bad stuff. She can hold her own with them though and oh my you should hear that set of lungs of hers! It will knock your socks off!  Boy does she remind me of her mother when she was little! I always told my daughter that I hoped she would have one just like she was, but instead of just getting one like she was, all four are just like she was lol! I don't envy her a bit!

But I do have to say I wouldn't trade any of them for the world. I'm so glad God gave them to us and I don't think I could POSSIBLY live with out them. They are a handful now but thank God they are healthy and ok. Before we know it they will all be grown and all their funny little ways about them now, will be the memories we will all remember and laugh about when they are grown.

I love watching them grow and being apart of their lives. There is nothing more important to me than that. I love my family, they are everything to me. But the worst part, especially at my age now, is the older they get the older I get and that stinks! I will not be one of those ladies who will grow old gracefully! I'm starting to have trouble keeping up with them and I don't like that much! I'm also already missing them the way they were and are. I wish there was a way to freeze time. Sending lots of hugs and kisses to my grandbabies. I do so much love you all, even if you are a crazy bunch! XXXXOOOO


Some of my favorite photos of Aiden and a favorite memory. These are of Aiden when he was 1 and we all went to the mall to take the little ones to see Santa. While waiting for Santa us big girls toured some of the ladies shops. Aiden got the brunt of that with Mima dressing him in all these ladies accessories, and it was all caught on Mima's camera. Mima is what they all call me. (So glad I took the camera that day), is Aiden just the cutest! I love his gorgeous eyes! We had so much fun that day and got some great photos which became a story in a photo album for their great grandmother's Cristmas present that year who lives in Michigan.











The Best Buds! Lil Ryan, Parker, and little Aiden

And Now it's already Kindergarten here I come! And I am the luckiest Mima in the world!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails