Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Altered Art Vintage Mannequin Dress Form


A Vintage Treasure of Memories

Here is the newest addition to my crazy obession with collecting vintage mannequins...acutally, mannequins period!

This is Lady Annabelle!



Found this little sweetie at my favorite local antique shop....
the lady there teases me with things she knows I like lol, this is the second one
I have bought from her now, I need to stay away from there for a long while,
because I just know she is working on another just to entice me again!
Don't care for the gold wooden base on this one, so one day I'll redo it!
Totally love the rest of her!

She was altered using old vintage fashion magazine cutouts, vintage laces,
a vintage lace tablecloth, vintage buttons, some ribbon flowers, a
gorgeous piece of  hand crocheted lace for her skirt, some wall paper,
old sheet music, a rose, lace appliques, and some gimp! The waist has been tied
with a wide width of black satin ribbon tied in a large bow in the back!
I just love love love her! The articles from the
magazine are fun and interesting to read too!







Lots of ads for corsets and ladies under clothing...I love the fashions back then!










Don't you just adore the fashions back in the day!?  I do TOO! :)
Even a sewing machine ad! I just think she is so UNIQUE!!!

1 comment:

  1. Debi ~
    She came out gorgeous!!! I love how you combined everything ~
    What a talented lady you are :)

    xoxo
    Lori

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails