Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Sweet Vintage Hanky Purse Creations


One of My Favorite Things to Create - Vintage Hanky Purses

I'm always thrilled when I get orders for vintage hanky purses. I totally love the beauty of the florals of nature that you find in so many of these treasures. I have collected hundreds of these tears and nose wipers over the years and love creating with them. I have used them to embellish or accent so many things over the years I can't even count them anymore. I have used them as aprons or pinafores and even little skirts on baby onesies, embellishments on vintage pillowcase dresses, made head scarves, fabric flowers, ruffles and pockets on pants, dresses, tops, jackets, and onesies, collars on some of my baby creatons, hanky neck scarves, belts, headbands, hanky bonnets, made all different styles and shapes of lavender sachets with them, baby blankets and quilts, heirloom hanky dolls or church dolls as some call them, hanky bunnies, and adorable little purses in all shapes and sizes. I have even made valances for windows and shower curtains. Vintage hankies are so much fun to create with and each item is one of a kind and ever so charming. And then there are a few that are so beautiful and unique that they have ended up framed and hanging on the wall. One of these days I have a pattern for a christening gown using the lacey bridle vintage hankies. It's gorgeous! Some day when when I can get to it. Here are the latest hanky purse creations for one of my customers. These will be Christmas gifts for her nieces.




These are fully lined with ribbon straps and ribbon drawstring closure.
Sweet for little girls and moms too!

TaTa for Now!

Debi



We're Creating Little Works of Heart with Your Little One's and Mommies in Mind, by Creating and Making Vintage Beautiful and Useful Again!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Katie :) It's so nice to see you and thanks for the visit. Hope your doing well!

    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debi,, Thanks for stopping by my blog:) I love the vintage hankie purses. I was looking at all of the sweet chenille baby clothes and they are adorable! I am glad to hear you have been busy. I hope you have a great holiday season with your pretty creations!
    Have a nice day (()) gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb ~
    Those are gorgeous ! I just love vintage hankies and how perfect to make
    them into purses !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails