Thursday, June 3, 2010

MMP Friday Shopping Event June 4th "Girly Finds"

Please join Cameo Kids Boutique and the participating boutiques at Make Mine Pink for shopping with a twist on Friday June 4th, 2010 as we present "Girly Finds!"

I remember looking at decorating magazines from the 40s and 50s when I was a young girl and thinking that when I had a house of my own, it would look just like that. Carpets were sculpted with beautiful roses , dressing tables were layered in ruffles and tulle, bathrooms were tiled in pink and modern kitchens proudly displayed pink appliances and accessories. As I got closer and closer to setting up my own home, feminine and girly styles were pretty much a thing of the past. Not only were they a thing of the past, but suddenly we had to downplay our feminine side to be taken seriously. Thankfully things have changed and in a wonderfully positive way. Having a fun girly side is part of who I am, and I’m so glad to be able to express it in all aspects of my life.

These days, it's not only OK to show  your fun and feminine side, it’s easier and easier to do. Wherever we look, girly accessory are readily available. Soft pastels, shades of pink and all things white, have become a mainstay in many styles of decor. From large department stores to specialty boutiques, it’s easy to find fun and feminine pieces to add to your decor. Expressing your girly side has once again become more of the rule, rather than the exception. It’s become more and more of the norm to decorate in a girly and eclectic style. It's so much fun to add little touches here and there and watch everything around become more girly.

For instance, a length of vintage French velvet ribbon is such a simple, versatile way to make something seem more feminine. It might become a pretty hair tie or an elegant belt. You can use the same piece to tie around a special gift or to hang a favorite vintage frame. Pieces of vintage jewelry can make anything feel more feminine. Whether I've put a handful of mismatched pieces in a bowl on my vanity, or a special piece pinned to my summer purse, it adds just the right girly touch.

I've discovered that adding a single feminine touch is all it takes to change the ambiance of any room. A few fun and feminine pillows added to a sofa, makes a  room more inviting. When I pour tea from a pot painted with delicate roses, my simple tea for one becomes a relaxing getaway. A plain box covered with vintage wall paper and antique buttons becomes a treasure chest to hold old love letters and photographs.

Showing off your fun-loving girly side by adding feminine touches to your life and your home is easier than ever. You'll discover girly finds in all shapes and sizes at the boutiques of Make Mine Pink.



Joyce Lucas, Founder
Make Mine Pink



Photo Contribution 1: Esprit de Joie | Photo Contribution 2: Sweetheart's Nest | Photo Contribution 3: Celestina Marie Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails